Nuclear weapons remain one of the greatest threats to global security. We seek to reduce this threat by investing in cutting edge analytical work on nonproliferation, supporting education and training programs for the next generation of nuclear experts, and supporting a limited number of Track II efforts focused on Iran and North Korea.
Specifically, the Nuclear Security program aims to:
- Lock in reductions of U.S and Russian nuclear arsenals.
- Pave the way for deeper cuts in global nuclear arsenals.
- Impede acquisition of nuclear weapons by new states and non-state actors.
- Strengthen governance of civilian nuclear activity to reduce risks of proliferation or terrorism.
- Contribute to the peaceful resolution of long standing regional disputes with a nuclear dimension, with special emphasis on Iran and North Korea.